Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Albay: Legazpi City- Exploring Embarcadero and a Cheap Overnight Stay

After about 30 minutes of exploring the breath-taking view of the city from Lignon Hill, I asked the tryke driver to drop me to the nearest-affordable hotel. He took me to the Sampaguita Tourist Inn. It looks new outside because of the fresh paint. There was no available air-con room so I settled for the fan room. It was very cheap for Php 200.00.
( When I returned after dinner I saw this signage in the main door of the hotel. It looks disturbing for guests. When I checked the hotel it was freshly painted. It does not really look like a five star hotel but for Php 200 it was okay. Common bath room but with tv. )

After leaving my backpack, I freshened a bit , changed shirt and stroll to the Embarcadero. It was about 20 minutes walk from the hotel. Embarcadero is a shopping mall that is located in a reclaimed area near the port. There are plenty of specialty shops as well as restaurants. It also has a race-track for Go-karts as well as a Zip line.

I took my dinner in one of the restaurants before further exploring the city.





After dinner and strolling the mall, I walked to the nearby mall called NCCC. I bought some food for the early morning trip to Donsol  Sorsogon. I had no idea what time will be the first trip. I asked someone that it was better to go to the Bus  terminal and take the commuter van if you are on a budget, which I actually did. he said the van would leave the terminal at around 530 am.

Getting Ready for the Donsol trip the next morning


I just watched tv since I could not sleep properly.  The room was pretty hot even if it had a fan. I woke up at about 450 am and checked out the hotel. Got my backpack and took a tricycle to the Bus Terminal for Sorsogon.






No comments:

Post a Comment