Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Backpacking Philippines:It's More Fun in Bacolod City

With Cebu Pacific's Piso Fare last January 1, I booked all its Cebu hub flights. Around 12 Provinces during weekends only which started in February. It was really a bargain. I started with Cebu to Bacolod.

Leaving Mactan at 545am , I arrived at New Silay-Bacolod International Airport at around 630 am.

Front Facade of Airport

Upon arrival at the airport, I took a tricycle going to the Silay City Proper (Php 10). I stopped at the corner of Rizal Street. I looked for the Balay Negrense. Along the way I found several old houses and took pictures.
The Famous El Ideal House of Delicacies in Silay

I tuned right to Ledesma Street and went to Balay Negrense. It was still around 7 am and was still  closed. I went further and saw San Diego Cathedral. I went inside and prayed . The structure was magnificent. 



I walked a little further and saw Maria Goloez Ancestral House now occupied by RCBC Bank.
I went to a nearby MERCI restaurant for breakfast. I had rice topped with mixed vegetables(Php 43)


No comments:

Post a Comment