Thursday, February 16, 2012

Brunei Darussalam: Christmas Day

After a 1 1/2 hour ferry ride from Labuan, we arrived in Brunei. Waited for about 30 minutes, until my contact arrived. A Filipina married to a Bruneian, Aimi Abdullah. She was working in a remittance shop in Bandar. My three other companions were dropped in the town center while Aimi invited me to go to the Philippine Embassy in Brunei for a Christmas Lunch Party with Filipino Workers. I was excited also to see them. Present was the Filipino Ambassador , Hon. Yano, an ex military general.

Ambassador Yano with his wife and son, Aimi( 2nd from right) my Brunei host












Some of them are OFW's getting shelter from the Embaasy (most were terminated from the jobs and just waiting for their flights back to PHILIPPINES )

No comments:

Post a Comment